Give peas a chance!
From the latest research into finding a high quality, easily digestible source of protein comes pea protein isolate, a new generation of protein.
It’s benefits include:
- Pea protein isolate is a complete protein – and that’s why it’s a breakthrough! A complete range of amino acids means you no longer have to worry about whether your vegetable protein has the right amino acid combinations or take the time to combine legumes and grains to ensure your protein is complete. A new patented process ensures the bio-availability of the protein by using hot water to denature the enzyme that normally inhibits the absorption of amino acids from legumes, allowing access to the full-spectrum of amino acids. With a digestibility level of 98 per cent, pea protein isolate is highly usable!
- Pea protein isolate is the only protein powder that’s alkaline, (pH is 7.5, the highest level of alkalinity in a food, allowing for greater detoxification). For athletes, this may delay the onset of lactic acid build-up in muscle contraction, which allows a longer period of exertion or training. Pea protein isolate also has very high levels of branch chain amino acids (BCAAs) – the essential amino acids that help preserve muscle mass during weight loss and athletic exertion.
- For dieters, pea protein isolate is the ideal protein for successful fat burning, because the glycaemic index is very low. Best of all, it only has a 0.1 per cent carbohydrate level.
- Pea protein isolate also has a high satiety level (meaning that you’ll feel full for a long time after consuming it). It can also help reduce insulin levels (which need to be kept low to promote the removal of stored body fat) and may help you prevent weight regain following initial weight loss. A perfect protein source, not only for vegans and vegetarians, but for anybody looking to improve the quality of protein in their diets.
- ‘VitalProtein’ Pea Protein Isolate is free of allergens such as gluten, soy, lactose and dairy. The unflavoured ‘VitalProtein’ Pea Protein Isolate has no colourings, flavourings or sweeteners and has a mild, neutral flavour. It is GM-free, certified Kosher and certified Natural Origin. ‘VitalProtein’ also comes in a great tasting certified organic vanilla flavour and a high antioxidant cacao/chocolate flavour; both of these are an ideal addition to smoothies.
- ‘VitalProtein’ is heat stable, so you can even bake with it!