Modern life appeals to the “leisure streak” in all of us.
Last year, more than 17 million Australians were categorised as overweight or obese.
Predictions for our future by the year 2020 looks troubled, statistics indicate that 80% of Australian adults and a third of Australian children will be overweight or obese.
Obesity is a direct cause type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, hypertension and sleep apnea.
Based on these figures, obesity has become the single biggest threat to public health in Australia.
It’s a simple equation – too many calories consumed against too few calories expended equals increased weight. More specifically, the blame falls on an increased consumption of energy-dense, highly processed foods that are high in fat, salt and sugars but low intake of vitamins, minerals – this being compounded by a lack of physical activity and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle.
Losing excess body fat and maintaining good muscle mass may be achieved by making small changes to your diet and lifestyle, as well as the support of your natural health consultant and specific nutritionals known to help promote thermogenesis, fat metabolism and healthy weight.
Which nutritional supplements can help?
- Protein increases satiety to a greater extent than carbohydrate or fat and provides fewer calories, hence helps to improve control of energy intake.
- Coleus root may assist weight loss and help to reduce body fat percentage.
- Green coffee bean may assist by improving body composition and therefore, lean tissue to body fat ratio.
- Green tea has a thermogenic effect, increasing energy expenditure and metabolic rate.
- Hydroxycitric acid may help reduce food and calorie intake by reducing appetite.
Exercise is your number one ally in shedding unwanted body fat. It can also help you sleep better – another important factor not only for optimal overall health but also, as it turns out, for avoiding packing pounds around your midsection.
The reality … losing just 5 – 10% of one’s body weight can delay or prevent some of the deadly diseases associated with being overweight… We can help you achieve that!