In today’s face paced society it is not unusual to suffer fatigue, feel tired, and lack energy.
When you are fatigued, the main feeling is exhaustion, weakness and no stamina. In addition, it can affect concentration, mood and libido.
Why it happens?
You may suffer fatigue because of:
- Depression, anxiety or grief
- Poor sleep habits
- Poor diet or lifestyle choices
- Iron deficiency
- Excessive physical demands
- Medical conditions may include infections, pain, chronic fatigue, restless leg syndrome, blood sugar irregularities or digestive disturbances
What natural therapies can help?
When we are stressed our body utilises magnesium, calcium, zinc, B group vitamins, and vitamin C. Testing to ensure you are not missing out on any of these key nutrients can be done easily at Go Vita Tanunda, even a minor deficiency may contribute to fatigue.
Iron deficiency anaemia may be improved with supplementation.
Calming herbs like Zizyphus, hops and passionflower may help if you are experiencing sleeping difficulties.
Adaptagenic Herbs increase the body’s resistance to stress and builds up general vitality. Herbal tonics can help revitalise you when you are feeling run down. Herbs such as ginseng and astragalus have been traditionally used for centuries to fight fatigue.
What else will help?
- We all get tired now and then but occasionally tiredness indicates there’s something going physically wrong. Iron deficiency is one common cause, but hormonal imbalance and other factors could also be at play. If your energy levels are consistently low despite getting enough sleep, it might be time to talk to Peter Balogh, Naturopath at Go Vita Tanunda.
- Keep yourself well hydrated. Aim for two litres of water daily.
- Maintain blood sugar levels. Eat small regular meals rather than three large meals
- Watch the waistline
- Get adequate rest and follow a healthy diet.
- Chill out – exercise and stretching helps clear your mind and relaxes your muscles. Try deep breathing exercises and meditation if you can’t slow down.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have any allergies or diagnosed conditions, always consult your healthcare professional before taking nutritional or herbal supplements.